Proper disinfection and cleaning of dental work surfaces are vital in preventing infectious pathogens' transmission to healthcare workers and patients. The CDC defines disinfection as the destruction of pathogenic microorganisms, physically or chemically. It offers guidelines on environmental surface disinfection for dental offices.
Environmental surface disinfection is the cleaning and disinfecting of non-critical environmental surfaces using low-level to intermediate-level surface disinfectants.
What to Look For in a Disinfectant
You should consider environmental surface disinfectants that have met the following conditions:
- FDA approved for high-level disinfectants used to sterilize critical dental equipment.
- EPA- registered for low and intermediate-level disinfectants for non-critical items and surfaces.
- EPA approved label showing the EPA registration number, safety and technical information, how to use the product, and approved efficacy claims against TB or HBV.
At Discount Disposables, we have been providing quality products to meet the needs of healthcare and dental professionals in Northern California and throughout the United States since 1989. Our products are FDA and EPA-approved.
Here is our leading cleaner and disinfectant:
When you coat a surface with microSURE All Purpose Cleaner and Disinfectant, nanoscopic crystalline structures form with the surface to form a modified disinfected surface that kills any bio-threat cells trying to attach themselves. It remains on your surfaces long after application.
- With a 99.99% effectiveness rate against germs, bacteria and viruses, microSURE is ideal for non-critical surfaces.
- It leaves hard, non-porous disinfected surfaces.
- It is non-toxic and safe to use around pets and kids.
- It prohibits microbial reproduction and proliferation when it dries on a surface.
The cleaner and disinfectant comes in a one-gallon container that treats up to 5,000 Square Feet and costs $195.
Surface disinfectants and cleaners
Optim 1 Disinfectant makes you feel confident that you are compliant and protecting your staff, patients, equipment, and the environment without compromise. Ultimately, this product gives you the perfect balance in your workplace. It is a surefire product for efficacy and maximum protection. It's broad-spectrum and has a one-minute TB kill time, making it among the fastest and most effective cleaners and disinfectants in the market.
- It has the lowest toxicity in the EPA toxicity category, making it safe for use around kids and pets.
- It has a record 1 minute TB kill time.
- It ensures maximum protection for you and your patients.
- It is time and cost efficient.
Optim 1 is available in two sizes: 32 oz., which costs $10.95, and gallon size, which costs $36.95.
Cavicide 1 is an exceptionally fast and effective leader in dental surface disinfection. It is EPA- approved and cleans/disinfects hard, non-porous surfaces in the dental field in 1 minute. It offers low alcohol (22.5%) surface disinfection with clinically relevant and broad-spectrum microorganism kill claims. Cavicide 1 spray is effective against TB, Influenza H1N1, HIV-1, HBV, HCV, and more.
- It is a multi-purpose disinfectant/decontaminant cleaner that you can use on hard, non-porous surfaces.
- With the recent improvements, Cavicide 1 spray effectively kills 99.9% of bacteria, viruses, and fungi in one minute.
- It is packaged in convenient ready-to-use configurations.
- It is highly compatible with a broad range of surfaces.
- It is non-toxic; it doesn't contain bleach, phenols, or other toxic chemicals.
Cavicide 1 comes in a 24 oz size that costs $11.75 and a gallon size that costs $28.58.
Opti-Cide 3 is a spray cleaner and broad-spectrum disinfectant whose TB kill time is just 2 minutes. It sanitizes hard, non-porous surfaces in a record 10 seconds and has broad pathogen kill claims.
- It is a broad-spectrum disinfectant and kills bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
- It is safe for use on non-critical surfaces, regardless of material. It cleans acrylic, aluminum, plastics, and more. Unlike high alcohol disinfectants, it does not cloud plastics.
- It has a low alcohol formula and cleans better than high alcohol formulas.
Opti-Cide 3 comes in 3 sizes; 24 oz at $9.95, a gallon at $19.45, and 2.5 gallons at $98.95.
Cavicide spray is a 3-in-1 cleaner, disinfectant, and decontaminant. It is effective against a broad range of fungi, viruses, bacteria, and mold.
- It is a 3-in-1 spray ideal for cleaning, disinfecting, and decontaminating environmental surfaces.
- You can use it on hard, non-porous surfaces.
It comes in 3 sizes; 24 oz at $16.95, a gallon at $33.95, and 2.5 gallons at $155 (2 per case).
Optim 33TB gives you the perfect balance between safety and efficacy. It has the lowest toxicity level in the EPA toxicity category. It has a one-minute kill time against Mycobacterium terrae, Human Coronavirus (SARS), HIV-1, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Avian Influenza (Bird Flu), Salmonella, E. Coli, Pseudomonas, and other viruses and bacteria.
- Optim 33TB is 99.99% effective in killing vegetative bacteria in 30 seconds.
- It is water-based; it does not evaporate like its alcohol-based counterparts.
- It is specifically formulated for cleaning and disinfecting hard, non-porous environmental surfaces and dental/medical devices and equipment.
- It utilizes AHP in its formulation, which ensures it does not leave behind active residue, which may cause resistant strains of microorganisms.
A gallon of Optim 33TB costs $32.95
At Discount Disposables, we host a vast collection of affordable infection control products, from disposable dental supplies to evacuation products for dental services and everything in between. Shop with us today to enjoy great deals on our leading surface cleaners and disinfectants and experience our friendly, well-informed customer service.
We are a company built on customer satisfaction and trust, going above and beyond with our customer support. Our biggest strength and value to our customers is our flexibility to work one-on-one with each office.
We pride ourselves on being your expert infection control resource, and that is why we strive to always stay up to date with the current changes regarding our products and their use. We guarantee exceptional service to our customers to keep you coming for more. Contact us today for free samples and sweet ongoing deals and to also discuss your office needs to serve you better.