Cleaning and disinfecting with disinfecting wipes is accomplished by wiping the surface with a pre-saturated disinfection wipe to clean, then applying the disinfectant again, after cleaning, with another wipe saturated with the same product to disinfect.
A few things to keep in mind when using disinfection wipes are:
- The most common error in dental practices is that the surfaces do not stay wet for the required amount of time.
- Another common error is that the cover for the container is left open when not in use allowing the wipes to dry up.
- When the wipes have been used up, you might be inclined to pour the remaining solution into another container. However, doing so can affect the efficacy of the solution by draining the concentration levels.
- Be careful where the disinfecting wipes are placed in the office. In some cases, parents equate the disinfectant wipes with baby wipes and can be harmful to the skin.
When selecting the disinfecting wipe for your practice it’s important to remember a few things:
- Intermediate-level disinfectants must have a label claim that it is a hospital-level tuberculocidal.
- Disinfectants can contain hazardous chemicals with specific health and physical hazards and must be registered with the EPA and made to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Contact time, and of course…
Here are some of the options we have to offer:
The Safest Option
Optim 33 TB Wipes
Optim 33 TB Wipes kill TB in 5 minutes and have no health warnings! Safe for the user, non-toxic, fast, and effective. Optim 33 TB is fast acting, ready to use and biodegradable.
The Fastest Options
CaviWipes1 and Super Sani-Cloth
With CaviWipes1 and Super Sani-Cloth surface disinfectant wipes you can wipe out TB and over 20 other microorganisms in just 1 minute! CaviWipes1 and Super Sani-Cloth will effectively clean and disinfect hard, non-porous surfaces in the medical and dental clinical working environment.
The Most Effective Option
Sani-Cloth AF3 Germicidal Wipes
The first alcohol free, quat based disinfectant wipe with a 3 minute TB kill time. Perfect for equipment and other hard non-porous surfaces sensitive to alcohol. Fragrance, alcohol, bleach, acid, phenol, acetone, and ammonia free.
Check out these hard surface disinfectant wipes online or give us a call for more information. We would like to learn about your specific needs and discuss the various options.